You shouldn’t require planning permission unless your property is in a conservation area, and we’ll inform your local area building control office prior to installation. Below are some conditions and limits that must be adhered to.
- Equipment should be sited to minimise the effect on the external appearance of the building.
- Panels should not be installed above the highest part of the roof (excluding the chimney) and should project no more than 200mm from the roof slope or wall surface.
- The panels must not be installed on a building that is within the grounds of a listed building or on a site designated as a scheduled monument.
- If your property is in a conservation area, or in a World Heritage Site, panels must not be fitted to a wall that fronts a highway.
- When no longer needed, equipment should be removed.